|B. J. & C. J.|
Canadian List of Shipping 1952, Supplement 3: Registers Opened. Same info as follows: Canadian List of Shipping 1956: B. J. & C. J. [C.194956] registered at Owen Sound; built at Owen Sound in 1952. 42’ 5 x 12’ x 3’ 5; 12 g.t.; 10 n.t.; 141 hp. Owned by James T. Lowe, Killarney Ontario. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel fishing tug B. J. & C. J. [C.194956] registered at Owen Sound; built at Owen Sound in 1952. 43’; 12 g.t. Owned by James Lowe, Killarney, Ontario. Transport Canada List 2002: Built by Russel-Hipwell Engine Co., Owen Sound, Ont. Transport Canada List 2003: B. J. & C. J. Owned by Fitz Sustainable Forestry Management Ltd., Sarasota Springs, N.Y.
This small tug was built in 1952 as the fish tug B.J. & C.J. for James T. Lowe. She was later sold to Gerald Murphy, and then to Ross Herbert Fisheries. In the early 2000s, she was purchased by Fitz Sustainable Forestry Management of Manitowaning, ON and converted to a tugboat.
Type: Single Screw Tugboat
Year Built: 1952
Builder: Russel Bros. Ltd., Owen Sound, ON
Hull No.: 980
Horsepower: 141 bhp
Length: 42' 06?
Breadth: 12' 00?
Depth: 3' 06?
Port of Registry: Owen Sound, ON.