Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Cliff M.

Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Cliff M. [C.179202] registered Montreal; built at Owen Sound in 1947. 37’ 9 x 10’ 5 x 4’ 8; 13 g.t.; 9 n.t.; 125 hp. Owned by The Canadian International Paper Co., Ltd., Montreal. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel tug Cliff M. [C.179202] registered Montreal; built at Owen Sound in 1947. 38’; 13 g.t. Transport Canada List 2003: Owned by Jerry Gagnon, Wilson’s Cove, Québec. Doug Gagnon notes (Oct. 2007): The Cliff M. is in Gracefield Qc,and. is owned by Richard St-Jacques ( the same guy that ownes the Joan Carol). A previous owner had done some modifications to her cab and now she just sits on the bank of the Gatineau river in Gracefield.


This small tug was built in 1947 by Russel Brothers as Cliff M. for Canadian International Paper. She was later purchased by Jerry Gagnon of Wilson’s Cove, QC. Eventually, she was sold to Ocean Group of Quebec, QC. Type: Single Screw Tugboat Year Built: 1947 Builder: Russel Bros. Ltd., Owen Sound, ON Horsepower: 125 bhp Length: 37' 11? Breadth: 10' 06? Depth: 4' 09? Port of Registry: Montreal, QC.

From Russel company brochure: SALVAGE EQUIPMENT.
Gerry Ouderkirk archive.

 

JP notes: Cliff M. ashore at CIP Chelsea QC Dam base, Cantley, QC, May 1993.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 3072 pixels wide

 

JP notes: BEACHED BUMS! Left to right: Siskin, H.D. Freeze, Skimmer
and Cliff M. ashore at Chelsea Dam base, Cantley, QC, spring 1993.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 3072 pixels wide

 

Photos by Dan McKay, Mar. 1, 2008, Gracefield, QC. Hull 743.
Click to enlarge to 600 pixels.

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com