Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Earl R.

Earl R Apparently never registered commercially. Coast Guard License 38E 246. Built at Owen Sound In 1950. 155 x 8'1 x 4'5; 4 g.t.; 3 n.t.; 100 hp. "Sluicer" A very small logging tug, similar to Orville. Owned by The Great Lakes Paper Company, Fort William, ON until 1965 when their River Drive operation ended. RBF notes: Earl R. was named after Earl Rowe, who was the President of "The Great Lakes Paper Company" from 1938 to 1955.

OSMRM Collection. From Russel-Hipwell News Dec. 1950 Vol. 1 No. 3

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

OSMRM Collection. From Russel-Hipwell News Dec. 1950 Vol. 1 No. 3

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com