Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Joan Carol

Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Joan Carol [C.179215] registered at Montreal; built at Owen Sound in 1948. 33'5 x 10'2 x 9'5; 9 g.t.; 5 n.t.; 125 hp. Owned by The Canadian International Paper Co., Ltd., Montreal. Russel Brochure: pic. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel tug Joan Carol [C.179215] registered at Montreal. Built at Owen Sound in 1948. 34'; 9 g.t. Transport Canada List 2003: Owned by Brian Gainsford, Gracefield, Québec. RBF Notes: Owned Brian Gainsford, sitting on his farm in Gracefield, QC 2004. Welded name plate reads “Joan Carol 26”. For Sale 2004.

From Russel company brochure: SALVAGE EQUIPMENT.
Gerry Ouderkirk archive.


ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

RBF notes: Photographed in Gracefield, QC, July 5, 2006. Here's the updated version of Joan Carol. Richard St-Jacques is making it into an outdoor bar with drink service from the pilothouse window. He owns a Resort/Retreat in Gracefield by the river. Construction is still in progress and Joan Carol will receive trim paint at some point.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

Photos by Dan McKay, Mar. 1, 2008, Gracefield, QC. Click to enlarge to 600 pixels.
RBF notes: The owner set her up as a bar. He also owns the Cliff M.

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com