Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
P. P. M. 31

Canadian List of Ships 1945: P. P. M. 31 [C.170552] built at Fort Frances, Ontario in 1937; Registered at Toronto. Owned by Abitibi Power & Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto. RBF Notes: Owned by Jeff Nelson of Thunder Bay, ON 2004. Jeff rebuilt her and installed engine from Dryden III. He unofficially named her W/T Marion Laura in 2003. Re-registered with Transport Canada on July 14, 2004: PPM 31 Ex- P.P.M. 31 [C.170552] registered at Thunder Bay, ON. Built by Russel Brothers Ltd., Fort Frances, ON in 1937. 12.04 m x 3.66 m x 1.52 m; 24.06 g.t.; 16.36 n.t. Owned Jeffrey Scott Nelson, 243 Balsam St., Thunder Bay, ON.

RBF notes: PPM 31 - Rebuilt and unofficially renamed WT Marion Laura,
re-registered 2005 as PPM 31 (Thunder Bay, ON Dec 8, 2001)

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide


1983 Nipigon Gazette article on the logging history and tugs of the Nipigon River. Mentions Russels Wabinosh, PPM 31, Outan, Purdom, Babikan.
article online source:
Easy to read text version of article with photos

Click for easy to read text version of article with photos


For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333