Trueman Gibbens, Superintindent of the Abitibi woods dept. 1922-1952.
Design #264 - Canadian List of Shipping 1956: T. Gibbens [C.177503] registered at Owen Sound; built at Owen Sound in 1946. 81' 8 x 18' 2 x 6' 2; 103 g.t.; 32 n.t.; 180 hp. Owned by Abitibi Power & Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto. Canadian List of Ships 1997: Owned by Lake Abitibi Adventures Inc., Iroquois Falls, Ontario. Transport Canada List 2003: Owned by Lake Abitibi Adventures Inc., Iroquois Falls, Ontario. Ivan Brookes Notes. Steel diesel warping tug [C.177503] T. Gibbens; registered at Owen Sound was built in 1946 by Russel Brothers Ltd. Dimensions: 81.8 x 18.2 x 6.2; 103 g.t; 32 n.t./ Fairbanks Morse diesel. Owned by Abitibi Power and Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto l946 - 1969. Still on Dominion List in 1970. See clipping file for photos. Stopped logging work in 1974. RBF Notes: Unofficial name change to Abitibi Adventure (Dan McKay). Being scrapped at Matheson, ON August 2004. Hull 615. RBF notes July 7th, 2006: "T. Gibbens has not been scrapped as the plan was two years ago. She was apparently sold before any major damage was done. She was still sitting in Matheson, ON as of today sporting new paint and flags. "