Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Toby / Hull 613

Steel winch boat Toby [C.173767] registered 6/1942 at Owen Sound. Built at Owen Sound in 1941 by Russel Brothers Ltd. See Abitibi binder for vesel data sheets. Canadian List of Shipping 1945: Toby [C.173767] registered at Owen Sound; built at Owen Sound in 1942. 21'1 x 6'5 x 2'9; 3 g.t.; 2 n.t.; 10 hp. Owned by Abitibi Power & Paper Co. Ltd., Iroquois Falls, Ontario. Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Toby [C.173767] registered at Owen Sound; built at Owen Sound in 1942. 21'l x 6'5 x 2'9; 3 g.t.; 2 n.t.; 10 hp. Owned by Abitibi Power & Paper Co. Ltd., Iroquois Falls, Ontario. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel gasoline engine warping tug/ winch boat Toby [C.173767] built by Russel Bros. Ltd., Owen Sound and launched as Toby 1942 - present. 21'; 3 g.t. Owned by Abitibi Power & Paper Co. Canadian List of Ships 1997: Owned by Sheppard & Morse Ltd., Chapleau, Ontario. Transport Canada List 2003: Owned by Sheppard & Morse Ltd., Chapleau, Ontario. GAO Notes: See clipping file for data sheet.

In this photo, Toby is in the background, and Hull #613 in front.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 


ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

Note additional rectangular apron welded to top of Hull 613. Hull 613 is listed as built by Russel Bros. in 1946, while Toby is listed as being built in 1942. RBF notes (May 2006): "Dan McKay was going to use it as a small barge, so he welded a deck on it and painted it up and it's sat ever since."
Photographed in Soo, ON July 3, 2004.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com