Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Mossey / Mary Firchuk

Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Mossey [C.190422] registered at Owen.Sound; built at Owen Sound in 1949. 59'3 x 16' x 79; 51 g.t.; 22 r.t.; 160 hp. Owned by The Minister of Public Works, Ottawa. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel tug Mossey [C.190422] registered at Owen Sound. Built at Owen Sound in 1949. 59'; 51 g.t. Canadian List of Shipping 1997: Steel tug Mossey [C.190422] registered at Owen Sound. Built at Owen Sound in 1949. 18m; 51 g.t.; 22 n.t. Owned by Lake Trader Corp., 347 Main St., Selkirk, Manitoba. Transport Canada List 2002: Steel tug Mary Firchuk [C.190422] registered at Thunder Bay 1999-12-14. Ex- Mossey. Dimensions: 18.1 x 4.9 x 2.4m; 50.84 g.t.; 22.45 n.t. single screw, diesel 240 hp. Owned by Antoniazzi Land & Sea Inc., Vickers Heights, Ontario. Gene Onchulenko Notes: Owned by Robert Antoniazzi who trucked her from Lake Winnipeg a few years ago. GAO Notes: See clipping file for pic and Russel Brochure and The Great Lakes Fisherman, May 1998, page 73. RBF Notes: Sitting behind the old Kemp Fisheries building at Thunder Bay, ON 2004.


ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 


ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

Mary Firchuk - Ex Mossey. Brought to Thunder Bay, ON from Gimli, MB to be rebuilt as pleasure tug. Individual got divorced and tug has been sitting for years.
(Thunder Bay, ON June 8, 2002)

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

From Russel company brochure: STEELCRAFT TOWING.
Gerry Ouderkirk archive.

 


Joe Fossey archive.

 

RBF notes: Jan. 21, 2006.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

RBF notes: Thunder Bay, ON, May 7th, 2006

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

SB notes: Thunder Bay, ON, Sept. 4th, 2006. Watertight doors were installed in cabin.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

SB notes: Thunder Bay, ON, Sept. 4th, 2006. Note deck is now flush to sides, railing has been removed.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

SB notes: Thunder Bay, ON, Sept. 4th, 2006

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

SB notes: Thunder Bay, ON, Sept. 4th, 2006

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

SB notes: Thunder Bay, ON, Sept. 4th, 2006

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

RBF notes: Thunder Bay, ON, July 28th, 2007. They moved the Onaman and Mossey to the other side of the TBHI yard alongside the fence. I gather that the portion of property they were sitting on was sold. Doesn't seem that any work is being done or has been done on either boat in the last few years.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com