Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Oscar

Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Oscar [C.178014] registered at Owen Sound, built at Owen Sound in 1946. 32'7 x 10' x 4'3; 10 g.t.; 16 n.t.; 40 hp. Owned by Spruce Falls Power & Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel tug Oscar [C.178014] registered at Owen Sound. Built at Owen Sound in 1946. 33'; 10 g.t. Canadian List of Ships 1997: Owned by Spruce Falls Inc., Kapuskasing, Ontario. Transport Canada List 2004: Registry closed August 10, 1999.

 

The last river drive in Canada occurred in Kapuskasing in 1994.
The boats used in the drive now sit idle on the banks of the Kapuskasing river at Spruce Falls 1991
(left to right: Kapus, unknown, Oscar, Penny). Clipping courtesy Terry Scott.

ENLARGE to 1400 pixels wide

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com