Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Glidalong

Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Glidalong [C.177821] registered at Toronto; built at Owen Sound in 1947. 27'2 x 7'5 x 2'9; 4 g.t.; 3 n.t.; 31 hp. Owned by Long Lac Pulp & Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel tug Glidalong [C.195571] registered at Toronto. Built at Owen Sound in 1947. 27'; 4 g.t. Owned by Kimberly - Clark Pulp & Paper Co. Ltd. RBF Notes: Hull 732. Docked in Longlac, ON 2004.

RBF notes: Used by Mill (Longlac, ON July 12, 2005)

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

RBF notes: Apparently Buchanen nows owns the Mill in Longlac and therefore owns Pigeon and Glidalong. The mill shop is right beside the Russel Winchboat Pigeon and about two hundred feet from the Glidalong. The woodlands lot where they are is not running due to the two year long strike by the woodlands guys, who say that they have been forgotten in the Purchase. So who knows what will happen to the tugs now. Glidalong looks like it had been getting upgrades to it before the Operation shut down (April 25th, 2007).

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com