Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Grouse

Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Grouse [C.190380] registered at Toronto; built at Owen Sound in 1949. 24' 8 x 7' 5 x 2' 9; 4 g.t.; 3 n.t.; 20 hp. Owned by Long Lac Pulp & Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel tug Grouse [C.190380] registered at Toronto. Built at Owen Sound in 1949. 25'; 4 g.t. Transport Canada List 2003: Owned by Kimberley-Clark of Canada Ltd., Longlac, Ontario.

RBF notes: Privately owned (Longlac, ON July 13, 2003)

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

Grouse and Ernst M., Longlac. Photo by Maurice Spooner. Gerry Ouderkirk Collection.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
 

 

Grouse (right) and Ernst M., Longlac. Photo courtesy Don Loponen.
Don notes: The Ernst M was used mostly for making up rafts of logs close to Longlac
for the bigger boats (Lacalong and Tugalong) to pull down the lake.

ENLARGE to 960 pixels wide
HOME
 

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com