Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
HOME
Pigeon

Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Pigeon [C.190387] registered at Toronto; built at Owen Sound in 1949. 24'8 x 7'5 x 2'9.; 4 g.t.; 3 n.t.; 20 hp. Owned by Long Lac Pulp & Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel tug Pigeon [C.190387] registered at Toronto. Built at Owen Sound in 1949. 25'; 4 g.t. Canadian List of Ships 1997: Owned by Kimberley-Clark of Canada Ltd., Terrace Bay, Ontario. Tranport Canada List 2003: Owned by Kimberley-Clark of Canada Ltd., Terrace Bay, Ontario. RBF Notes: Sitting in Kimberley-Clark’s Yard at Longlac, ON as of July 12, 2005. Hull 826. KC Mill number 237.

RBF notes: July 12, 2005. Longlac, Ontario.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

RBF notes: April 25th, 2007. Longlac, Ontario. Apparently Buchanen nows owns the Mill in Longlac and therefore owns Pigeon and Glidalong. The mill shop is right beside the Russel Winchboat Pigeon and about two hundred feet from the Glidalong. The woodlands lot where they are is not running due to the two year long strike by the woodlands guys, who say that they have been forgotten in the Purchase. So who knows what will happen to the tugs now.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide
HOME
ENLARGE to 600 DPI SCAN

 

For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333     http://marinerail.com